Ways SEO Can Harm Your Business Growth
Not many of us know that small errors in SEO implementation can damage your business. Sometimes a single mistake can mess up everything, and take a lot to rectify. To prevent any such unfortunate circumstances, we have come up with a list of mistakes that you should guard yourself against them.
What Practices Are Not Appreciated By Google?
As stated in Google’s Webmaster Guidelines, the following things can harm your business online rankings. In a few cases, Google may also abandon websites that show consistent use of malpractices.
- Generated website content automatically
- Partaking in link schemes
- Creating webpages with less or no unique content
- Scraped content
- Hidden links or text
- Sneaky redirects
- Doorway pages
- Contributing to affiliate programs without the addition of adequate value
- Loading webpages with inappropriate keywords
- Creating webpages that have malicious behavior, that includes installing viruses, malware, trojans, or phishing
- Sending robot generated queries to Google
Most of us think most of the above practices are alright. They find it is fine to spin the text to avoid the plagiarism penalty but it is not the right option. Learning the importance of links, they engage in trading of links with others. All these things that they do to stand out on SERP eventually do a lot of harm.
Marketing Sweet is a top SEO Brisbane that offers exceptional and targeted digital services under one roof. The company has an excellent team of SEO professionals that are well versed in designing, development, and marketing of a website.
What are the types of manual penalties?
A website that doesn’t implement ethically or does obey Google’s guidelines is subjected to any of the three manual penalties:
- Sitewide link penalties
- Thin content penalties
- Partial link penalties
The actual cause for these penalties could be when a website gets over-aggressive with the implementation of SEO tactics. It engages in shady or spammy tactics that are considered wrong by Google.
On identifying any of the above penalties, a website should take the following actions:
- Determine the reason for the penalty
- Find a solution to the problem
- Submit a Re-examination Request to Google requesting to eliminate the penalty.
What is an Algorithmic Penalty?
This type of penalty is caused by Google algorithms that help to find websites that have poor quality content/interface/engagement etc. Google penalizes those websites by lower its rankings on SERP.
Tips to ensure that you stay on the right track
- Ensure that SEO strategies evaluate outputs and inputs from all digital channels.
- Evaluate SEO success throughout your organization and display how it assists other channels.
- Stay in continuous contact with internal and external digital counterparts.
- Ensure each person in your digital team is aware of the SEO roadmap and plan.
- Constantly track the progress of your SEO efforts.
- Set up and review your analytics regularly to get optimized results.
- Use Google’s tools such as Google Search Console and Google Analytics to measure and obtain an overview of the performance of your website.
We all know that SEO can grow your business in several ways. It can get you better rankings, more conversions, and revenue. But to get these benefits, you need to follow Google’s guidelines and stay ethical in your SEO approach.